From: yeung@bagpipe.reed.edu (Woodrow Yeung)
Subject: Help with gnat IO
Date: 28 Nov 1994 11:28:08 GMT
Date: 1994-11-28T11:28:08+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm using gnat and am having trouble with the input/output routines.
First of all, how do I use the INTEGER_IO package?  I get this error
message:
file "integer_io.ads" not found
but I see the INTEGER_IO package defined within the a-textio.ads file.
I want to be able to format my field width.

Secondly, in the Ada reference manual (July 1980) there is a function
GET_STRING that reads a sequence of character up to the next white space.
This function does not exist in the gnat implementation.  I want to do
this without writing my own routine.  By using GET, I end up with
characters filling my string.  Worse yet, I read too much data.  My data
is composed of lines with fields delimited by whitespace.  (I guess
GET_STRING got taken out of Ada before it was finalized.)

I would appreciate any help.  By the way, where's all the traffic in
this newsgroup?  Are people still using Ada?

--
Woodrow Yeung
yeung@reed.edu