From: john.mccabe@emrad.com.nospam (John McCabe)
Subject: Re: Extended Type With Discriminant
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:01:26 GMT
Date: 2001-09-25T11:01:26+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:10:10 -0500, ANH_VO@udlp.com wrote:

>GNAT 3.13p on Windows 95 threw an error message of
>"base-standard_io-discrete_in.ads:20:40: full view must inherit discriminants
> of the parent type used in the private extension" for the codes below. I
>believe the codes are fine. In fact, the compiled fine under ObjectAda and APEX.
>However, I could be wrong since I have been before. Therefore, I would like to
>see additional confirmation before reporting it.

Although I can't remember the exact details, I think I have seen this
problem before. Of 4 compilers I tried, ObjectAda, APEX, Green Hills
and GNAT, GNAT happened to be the only one that handled this issue
correctly.

If you speak to Rational, you should find that the problem is reported
as a bug in Rational Rose (98i) and should have been passed on to the
version of APEX that was current at the time.

John