From: serious@clerk.com (Noam Kloos)
Subject: Re: Reading from a .cfg file
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:19:13 GMT
Date: 2001-08-27T09:19:13+00:00	[thread overview]

On 18 Jun 2001 10:24:10 -0700, chemmie@aol.com (J J. Rauch) wrote:

>I am brand new to Ada and i need to write a package to read and parse
>data from a .cfg file.  This package has to be compatible with both
>Ada 83 and Ada 95 as it will be used with programs that are written
>with both versions.
>Any input would be very helpful because I am just starting off with
>Ada now.  I will be writing the package using Apex Ada 95 if that
>matters.
>Thank you,
>J. R.

You should have a look at  my program using a config file.
http://www.noam.nl/download/ada95/deadline.adb
it needs the packages
http://www.noam.nl/download/ada95/ustrings.adb
http://www.noam.nl/download/ada95/ustrings.ads

The deadline program runs on linux and windows but in EZ2load
go32_Close gives a page fault *sometimes* when the keyword delay is
included.
Writing any other source with the delay keyword runs okay with EZ2LOAD
latest version.

Greetings,
Noam Kloos.