From: cstump@levtech.com (Charles Stump)
Subject: Re: DoD brass ignores Ada promotional opportun
Date: 22 Nov 1994 17:52:17 GMT
Date: 1994-11-22T17:52:17+00:00	[thread overview]

In article 5ww@world.std.com, srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:

>    Once again.  ADA IS EASY TO SPELL, EASY TO TYPE, EASY TO SAY, EASY TO USE.
>Why is it then that DoD types find it soooo hard to use the word, except when
>they are forced to at porkpoint?
>
>    Case in point.  On December 13 and 14, the American Defense Preparedness
>Assocation is holding the:
>
>                        Corporate Information Management
>                                      and
>                             Enterprise Integration
>                                   Symposium
>
>at the Hyatt Regency Reston. "CIM has been identified as a key factor in
>unifying tactical and administrative systems that underpin DoD operations.
>The DoD points out the information revolution is giving the "warfighting
>commander an integrated picture of battlespace, so he can control the pace
>and outcome of battle.  It gives the manager critical insight into current
>performance and best practice so processes can be eliminated, improved and
>reengineered.  It creates a new, more responsive and cost-effective
>relationship between the DoD and industry through the application of
>enabling technologies".

    Stuff deleted

Ok.. I know that I REALLY should not bother responding to this post,
but I just have to this time.

Greg wants to know why Ada is not mentioned? My question to Greg is,
why should Ada be mentioned? This is a semi high-level meeting. Why on
earth would programming languages be of interest? And why should the
people attending this symposium be interested in giving a sales pitch
for Ada?

Oh..wait a second..I get it..

Just because SOME symposium or conference is in SOME way related to
computers, software, or the DOD means that it is an oppourtunity to
hype Ada. Even though, quite possibly, Ada has little or no interest
to the attendees or relevance to the meeting.

Silly me!

Chuck Stump