* SPC guidelines for Ada 9X?
@ 1994-11-14 14:38 Mike J. Meiers
From: Mike J. Meiers @ 1994-11-14 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is the SPC (or any other organization) publishing an updated version of the
much-revered "Ada Quality and Style: Guidelines for Professional Programmers"
that will cover Ada 9X?  If so, when will such a guide be released for use by
non-SPC members?  We would like to be a bit pro-active in the updating of our
standards for Ada 9X and would prefer to not work in a vacuum.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike Meier
meier@pseserv3.ss3.magec.com

* Re: SPC guidelines for Ada 9X?
@ 1994-11-14 16:34 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-11-14 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <Cz9HzL.54r@ss3.magec.com>,
Mike J. Meiers <mjmeie@ss3.magec.com> wrote:
>Is the SPC (or any other organization) publishing an updated version of the
>much-revered "Ada Quality and Style: Guidelines for Professional Programmers"
>that will cover Ada 9X?

Yes.

>If so, when will such a guide be released for use by
>non-SPC members?  We would like to be a bit pro-active in the updating of our
>standards for Ada 9X and would prefer to not work in a vacuum.
>
>Thanks for any help you can provide.

I know the SPC is aggressively trying to get a new version of the Q&S
out within a few months of publication of the Ada 9X language
standard.  In the meantime, you should use the styles covered in the
Ada 9X Reference Manual and Rationale -- in particular, the Rationale
contains many good "style" issues.

I seriously doubt you'd work in a "vacuum" though, you could always
generally apply the "old" version of the Q&S rather successfully.

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada

* Re: SPC guidelines for Ada 9X?
@ 1994-11-18 16:24 ` Garlington KE
From: Garlington KE @ 1994-11-18 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe the SPC address is ask-spc@software.org. Gerry Brewer can
give you the specifics on the SPC plans.

Ken Garlington                  GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com
F-22 Computer Resources         Lockheed Fort Worth Co.

If LFWC or the F-22 program has any opinions, they aren't telling me.