* Compilers and Next
@ 1994-11-17 22:46 Conan Gasparotti
From: Conan Gasparotti @ 1994-11-17 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi! I'm new to this group so sorry you haven't seen me post before. I am
in desperate need of a compiler for the Next computer platform. It needs
to be compatible with version 3.0. Please point me to an FTP site where
I can find one as all of my archie and gofer attempts have come up null
(though I did find some nifty random number routines). Thanks in advance
for any help.
Steve H.B.

* Re: Compilers and Next
@ 1994-11-18  2:51 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-11-18  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1994Nov17.224619.107099@zeus.aix.calpoly.edu>,
Conan Gasparotti <cgasparo@harp.aix.calpoly.edu> wrote:
>Hi! I'm new to this group so sorry you haven't seen me post before. I am
>in desperate need of a compiler for the Next computer platform. It needs
>to be compatible with version 3.0. Please point me to an FTP site where

Hmm, I _thought_ there was a NeXTStep release of GNAT, but I'm coming
up empty too.

>I can find one as all of my archie and gofer attempts have come up null
>(though I did find some nifty random number routines). Thanks in advance
>for any help.

Hopefully said random number routine doesn't have a patent attached
to it :-)

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada

* Re: Compilers and Next
@ 1994-11-18  3:54   ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-11-18  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3ah4qv$sal@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>,
David Weller <dweller@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> wrote:

>Hmm, I _thought_ there was a NeXTStep release of GNAT, but I'm coming
>up empty too.

Bullseye. Here is the directory listing from the ftp site at cs.nyu.edu,
directory pub/gnat:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 4001 ada 4191017 Oct  5 23:05 gnat-1.83-m68k-next-ns3.tar.gz

It _is_ the 68k original NeXT, not NeXTStep/486.

Should be full GNAT minus tasking. (Tasking is only on SunOS so far.)

Mike Feldman