From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: Command line package for Alsys Ada Compiler
Date: 17 Nov 1994 11:18:50 -0500
Date: 1994-11-17T11:18:50-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3ad2f0$gjj@gnat.cs.nyu.edu>, Robert Dewar <dewar@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
>Alsys Ada is of course programmed in Ada, hence they use an Ada compiler
>all the time to compile the Ada compiler. I *suppose* it would be possible
>to compile Alsys Ada using some other Ada compiler, but I certainly never
>saw anyone try it, and I can certainly tell you that in my contacts with
>Alsys, everyone was using the Alsys Ada compiler all the time!

I find myself wondering if this whole thread is not based on a confusion.
Alsys and TeleSoft merged a while back, and threfore I would not be
surprised if Alsys-ers and TeleSoft-ers were not immediately familiar
with the ins, outs, and idiosyncracies of each others' compilers.

It is not clear to me at this point just which compilers have survived
the merger; certainly some of TeleSoft's tools (TeleUse, etc.) are still
on the market, and there are other compilers "out there" that OEM the
TeleSoft front end.

Both TeleSoft and Alsys compilers are written in Ada.

Hmmm - will they compile each other? How's that for a stress test? :-)

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/
"Non illegitimi carborundum." (Don't let the bastards grind you down.)