* GNAT for OS/2???
@ 1994-11-16 14:18 Jay Joiner
From: Jay Joiner @ 1994-11-16 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just discovered GNAT at work for Unix and DOS, and was wondering
if there's a port for OS/2? Checked the common OS/2 ftp sites and
didn't see it.

* Re: GNAT for OS/2???
@ 1994-11-16 16:19 ` jmarks
From: jmarks @ 1994-11-16 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <3ad4b5$gu1@usafa2.usafa.af.mil>, joiner@kirk.usafa.af.mil (Jay Joiner) writes:
>Just discovered GNAT at work for Unix and DOS, and was wondering
>if there's a port for OS/2? Checked the common OS/2 ftp sites and
>didn't see it.

Here's the note announcing the availability of GNAT 1.62 for several platforms
(including DOS, several varieties of Unix, and OS/2):

gnat 1.83 for sun-sparc-solaris2.3 is now available on cs.nyu.edu: pub/gnat
and will appear on the various mirrors within the next 24 hours.

This binary release joins the following configurations of gnat-1.83
which have been available for several weeks now.

   alpha-dec-osf2.0
   i486 dos
   i486 linux
   i486 os/2
   m68k-next-ns3
   mips-dec-ultrix4.4
   rs6000-ibm-aix3.2
   sgi-irix5.2
   sparc-sun-sunos4.1

I got it from the site noted (cs.nyu.edu).

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, though.  Hope this helps!

Jim Marks			Georgia Tech Research Institute
jim.marks@gtri.gatech.edu	Electronic Systems Lab/Concepts Analysis Division

* Re: GNAT for OS/2???
@ 1994-11-16 16:23   ` jmarks
From: jmarks @ 1994-11-16 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <3adbep$ntc@mordred.gatech.edu>, jmarks@iebjrm.gtri.gatech.edu writes:
>In <3ad4b5$gu1@usafa2.usafa.af.mil>, joiner@kirk.usafa.af.mil (Jay Joiner) writes:
>>Just discovered GNAT at work for Unix and DOS, and was wondering
>>if there's a port for OS/2? Checked the common OS/2 ftp sites and
>>didn't see it.
>
>Here's the note announcing the availability of GNAT 1.62 for several platforms
>(including DOS, several varieties of Unix, and OS/2):

Oops!  That should have been GNAT 1.83 (I was thinking of the current version of
GCC I was trying to use!).

@ 1994-11-16 17:05 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-11-16 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3ad4b5$gu1@usafa2.usafa.af.mil>,
Jay Joiner <joiner@kirk.usafa.af.mil> wrote:
>Just discovered GNAT at work for Unix and DOS, and was wondering
>if there's a port for OS/2? Checked the common OS/2 ftp sites and
>didn't see it.

Not "Yes," but "Hell yes!" :-)

OS/2 is one of the two supported versions maintained by NYU (the
other is for SPARC-based platforms).  Not that it really matters, I'd
say the porting speed of other OS's is about a 24 hour turnaround
(Or, in the case of Doug Rupp, 24 minutes :-)

Just connect to cs.nyu.edu and enjoy yourself. :-)

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
   	      Ada -- Very Cool.  Doesn't Suck.               ||  father's Ada

* Re: GNAT for OS/2???
@ 1994-11-17  2:56 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-11-17  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3ad4b5$gu1@usafa2.usafa.af.mil>,
Jay Joiner <joiner@kirk.usafa.af.mil> wrote:
>Just discovered GNAT at work for Unix and DOS, and was wondering
>if there's a port for OS/2? Checked the common OS/2 ftp sites and
>didn't see it.

All the GNAT ports are at cs.nyu.edu, directory pub/gnat. OS/2 is there.
I guess it's not making the rounds of the other ftp sites yet because
new releases are coming out pretty fast (1 per month or so).

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
         Ada on the World-Wide Web: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/
"Non illegitimi carborundum." (Don't let the bastards grind you down.)