From: craig@abstract.co.nz (Craig Anderson)
Subject: Ada 9X and deadlocks
Date: 16 Nov 1994 10:33:02 +1300
Date: 1994-11-16T10:33:02+13:00	[thread overview]

Hi.
How does one write multi-tasking Ada 9X programs with any reasonable
assurance of freedom from deadlock?  Should we expect to see robust
static deadlock analysis programs?  Are code coverage tools available
that would help in designing test cases to find deadlocks?  How would
we go about specifying a static locking order -- would we want to? --
and perhaps why wasn't this included in Ada 9X?  I guess you can assume
that real-time support isn't available or that an MP platform is being
used.

Thanks,
-Craig
--
Craig Anderson (craig@abstract.co.nz)
Abstract Technologies New Zealand Limited