* Ada Standards Checker
@ 1994-11-10 22:00 Shehadeh Ramsey
From: Shehadeh Ramsey @ 1994-11-10 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are looking for tool that will check Ada code for violation of
coding standards - preferably drawn from the SPC's Ada Quality and
Style guide. Ideally, we'd want that tool to be very customizable - that
is, it should allow us to turn violation checks on and off, and also
alter the parameters for certain checks, where it makes sense to do so.

Is anyone out there aware of a tool that would do this?

Ramsey Shehadeh
Ramsey Shehadeh

Loral Federal Systems         Phone  : (301) 640-4453
9231 Corporate Blvd           Net Id : ramsey@vnet.ibm.com
Rockville, Maryland 20850

* Re: Ada Standards Checker
@ 1994-11-13  6:25 ` Charles Stump
From: Charles Stump @ 1994-11-13  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article 277@vnet.ibm.com, ramsey@vnet.ibm.com (Shehadeh Ramsey) writes:
>We are looking for tool that will check Ada code for violation of
>coding standards - preferably drawn from the SPC's Ada Quality and
>Style guide. Ideally, we'd want that tool to be very customizable - that
>is, it should allow us to turn violation checks on and off, and also
>alter the parameters for certain checks, where it makes sense to do so.
>
>Is anyone out there aware of a tool that would do this?

The tool you want is REFINE/Ada. It is a tool for reverse engineering
Ada and performing VERY detailed static analysis on the code. The tool
is very flexible and extensible. You can use it to perform very good
coding and design standards checking.

Please contact me for more detailed information.

---
= Charles W. Stump II,   Sr. Software Engineer,   cstump@levtech.com =
= Leverage Technologists, Inc.	=	Reverse Engineering,         =
= P.O. Box 4638			=	Reengineering,               =
= Rockville, MD			=	Maintenance, and             =
= 20849-4638			=	Quality Assurance            =
= (301)309-8783			=	tools and services.          =
= http://stout.levtech.com/	=	                             =