From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Persistent containers (was: Proposed change to BC...)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:36:23 GMT
Date: 2003-12-11T17:36:23+00:00	[thread overview]

I think that persistence should be an absolute requirement for any
container library. I've implemented my own with the ability to write to
a stream file. It works nicely for things that don't need a really
sophisticated database.

MDC

amado.alves wrote:

> Not readily. Charles leaves that to the user. There is a persistent extension to the BC by Adams (?), cf. the web site. If all goes well, Ada2005 will feature persistent containers, cf. AI-302. I don't know of any other persistent container library. I'm working on it though...

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm

Send Replies To: m   o   d   c @ a   m   o   g
                    c   n   i       c   .   r

     "Trying is the first step towards failure."
         --  Homer Simpson