From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Low Level Ada
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:09:58 GMT
Date: 2003-11-20T13:09:58+00:00	[thread overview]

Of course. The customary way is to define an appropriate data structure
and fix its address at 16#B800# - look at the "for X'Address use
16#B800#". Other techniques involve writing a procedure that can write
to specific addresses or even dipping into assembler from within Ada. A
solution does exist - it depends to some extent on what your compiler
will support. Look into ARM chapter 13 and the package System (and all
its kids).

MDC

Stephane Richard wrote:
> By the subject line I mean:
>
> Is there a way, in Ada to move memory around so to speak.
>
> For instance, let's say I want to create an Array that would hold characters
> with the goal to send it to the video card directly (address $B800).
>
> Could I take an array of Characters, and "move it" to address $B800 ?  or
> something like it?

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm

Send Replies To: m   o   d   c @ a   m   o   g
                    c   n   i       c   .   r

     "Trying is the first step towards failure."
         --  Homer Simpson