From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Strings Fixed, Bounded, and Counted. Performance Inquiry.
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:24:14 GMT
Date: 2003-10-25T21:24:14+00:00	[thread overview]

Two counted strings might not have to have the same allocated space. It
may not have any excess space at all, depending on what one has in mind.
Bounded strings pretty much have to have a fixed allocation - all of the
same length if they come from the same instantiation.

MDC

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> How would you implement Bounded_String? I think you'll find it's what
> you're calling a counted string.

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

     "So if I understand 'The Matrix Reloaded' correctly, the Matrix is
     basically a Microsoft operating system - it runs for a while and
     then crashes and reboots. By design, no less. Neo is just a
     memory leak that's too hard to fix, so they left him in... The
     users don't complain because they're packed in slush and kept
     sedated"

         --  Marin D. Condic