* Announce: APQ-2.1 Win32 Binaries Install for GNAT 3.15p now Available
@ 2003-10-11 16:01 Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
From: Warren W. Gay VE3WWG @ 2003-10-11 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Due to the fact that the *.ali file format differs between GNAT 3.14p and 3.15p,
I have made win32 binaries available for GNAT-3.15p users. The install
includes a sample win32_test.adb program for your own testing pleasure,
and a complete PDF manual for the APQ API.

Win32 users can compile APQ from sources, but it requires a
number of tools, including the Microsoft C compiler. Additionally, there are a number
of pitfalls that make the process less than elegant. For this reason,
win32 users are encouraged to install the APQ binaries, using the GUI installer
provided. The installer includes an uninstaller, for those that just want to test
drive APQ. Linux/UNIX users will find it easy to compile and install from sources.

Visit http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg and click on the APQ link that is
prominently displayed there for more details and downloading.

Also, checkout the APQ in the www.adaworld.com "Projects' Forum" for
further discussions about APQ and future developments.

WHAT IS APQ?

APQ is a thick Ada95 binding to the native drivers for PostgreSQL and MySQL
database products (no ODBC required). Using an OO framework, you can
easily write code that performs SQL operations on your favourite database
platform. A complete PDF manual is provided. Almost all API operations
include an example program fragment.

WHAT IS NEXT FOR APQ?

The next release will include support for Sybase Adapative Server Enterprise 12.5.

--
Warren W. Gay
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg

* Re: Announce: APQ-2.1 Win32 Binaries Install for GNAT 3.15p now Available
@ 2003-10-14 15:25 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-10-14 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg_nospam@cogeco.ca> writes:

> Due to the fact that the *.ali file format differs between GNAT
> 3.14p and 3.15p, I have made win32 binaries available for GNAT-3.15p
> users.

Hmm. I would have thought that was a reason for _not_ making binaries
available, so users would not be surprised.

Trust the Source, Luke :).

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Announce: APQ-2.1 Win32 Binaries Install for GNAT 3.15p now Available
@ 2003-10-14 16:18   ` Stephane Richard
From: Stephane Richard @ 2003-10-14 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stephen Leake" <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov> wrote in message
> "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg_nospam@cogeco.ca> writes:
>
> > Due to the fact that the *.ali file format differs between GNAT
> > 3.14p and 3.15p, I have made win32 binaries available for GNAT-3.15p
> > users.
>
> Hmm. I would have thought that was a reason for _not_ making binaries
> available, so users would not be surprised.
>
> Trust the Source, Luke :).
>
> --
> -- Stephe

Steph  *heavy cheap radio like breathing*
I am you  *heavy cheap radio like breathing....again*
Father  *heavy cheap radio like breathing...yet again*   ;-).

--
St�phane Richard
"Ada World" Webmaster

* Re: Announce: APQ-2.1 Win32 Binaries Install for GNAT 3.15p now Available
@ 2003-10-14 17:36   ` Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
From: Warren W. Gay VE3WWG @ 2003-10-14 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:
> "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg_nospam@cogeco.ca> writes:
>>Due to the fact that the *.ali file format differs between GNAT
>>3.14p and 3.15p, I have made win32 binaries available for GNAT-3.15p
>>users.
>
> Hmm. I would have thought that was a reason for _not_ making binaries
> available, so users would not be surprised.
>
> Trust the Source, Luke :).

I know there is a smiley there, but hey, its easier for me to
make everyone compile it from sources. However, if you try it,
you'll find out that:

  a) the process is much more onerous under win32 than Linux/*NIX
  b) you'll need Microsoft tools to finish the job, even though
     cygwin is used as much as possible.

So there! ;-)

@ 2003-10-15 17:01 ` Gautier Write-only
From: Gautier Write-only @ 2003-10-15 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Warren W. Gay VE3WWG:

# Due to the fact that the *.ali file format differs between GNAT 3.14p and 3.15p,
# I have made win32 binaries available for GNAT-3.15p users.

Note that you can make the *.ali files compatible for all versions
(at least from 3.10p) by emtpying them. It induces one recompilation,
of course, so for your distribution as such it is surely irrelevant.
I have made a tool, CleanALI (also CleanACU for deleting the *.o files too),
that does it automatically in a directory. See gnatpaqs.zip, URL below:
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm