* prog lang
@ 2003-08-12  0:30 g_ak
From: g_ak @ 2003-08-12  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://microsoft.toddverbeek.com/lang.html

* Re: prog lang
@ 2003-08-12 13:17 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-08-12 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

"g_ak" <gillesamalkik@videotron.ca> wrote in message
news:3F38350E.5080702@videotron.ca...
> http://microsoft.toddverbeek.com/lang.html

Great page, but there is only one problem: the Ada link takes you to the
badly out of date adahome!

* Re: prog lang
@ 2003-08-13 17:00   ` Isaac Gouy
From: Isaac Gouy @ 2003-08-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tells me that:

"Ada is commonly criticised as typical of government committee work"
Doesn't tell me if the author thinks this is a reasonable criticism.
Gives me the impression that it is.

"Furthermore, government studies :) indicate that it's more
cost-effective than C++, Pascal, or Fortran"
Doesn't tell me if the author thinks it's more cost-effective. Gives
me the impression that "the studies" shouldn't be trusted because they
were done by the promoters of the technology. (Gosh aren't there
studies not done by "the government" that show the same thing)

What's great about this recycled gossip?