From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: String
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 03:03:49 GMT
Date: 2003-06-01T03:03:49+00:00	[thread overview]

And838N@netscape.net wrote:

 > Where is the type String defined?  That is, which file, which
 > package.  I grep'd all the spec files that came with the GNAT
 > compiler and there is no line that says "type String is ...".  Is it
 > in a lib somewhere?  what filename should I look for?

String is defined in package Standard, and Standard is defined in the
ARM (ARM A.1).

Standard is a special package; everything you compile is considered to
be compiled as part of package Standard. This is why you can use the
types declared in Standard (Integer, Boolean, String, and so on) without
having to put "with Standard; use Standard;" on everything.

As such, Standard is unlikely to exist as a file for any compiler.

--
Jeff Carter
"When Roman engineers built a bridge, they had to stand under it