From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Which language for aerospace engineering freshman?
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 08:56:38 -0400
Date: 2003-05-31T12:56:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Yes. Learn Ada, C & Java. :-) Ada will show you how to do it right. C
and/or Java are much more common in real world use. C moreso for
embedded computing and Java moreso for network applications. Ada is
still in use in aerospace so it is valuable to know - but I'd suggest
learning it because then you will understand the flaws & weaknesses of C
and Java.

MDC

Sinning Spider wrote:
> Which language should an aerospace engineering freshman entering
> Purdue this Fall 2003 learn now?  Ada, C or Java?

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jast.mil/

Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g

     "In general the art of government consists in taking as
     much money as possible from one class of citizens to give
     to the other."

         --  Voltaire