From: Alfred Hilscher <Spam@alfred-hilscher.de>
Subject: GNAT, Windows, DLLs
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:05:01 +0200
Date: 2003-05-28T20:05:01+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

does anyone have experience in writing Windows-DLLs with GNAT?

I have the follwing problem: In gnat_ug it is said, that the code has to
call _ada_initialize first and _ada_finalize at last. But - my DLL shall
replace an existing third party DLL. So the applications using this DLL
are not Ada-aware, and there is no way to tell them "hey the DLL is
replaced, you have to call now an initialize-procedure first, and you
must call this finalize-procedure at the end". So is there a way to make
this initializing/finalizing transparent? What can happen, if one/both
of them are _not_ called?

Regards,
Alfred

To send me mail, please replace "Spam" by "Jedermann"