* Ada Core Files
@ 2003-03-21 15:52 Bill Schreckenstein
From: Bill Schreckenstein @ 2003-03-21 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am currently trying to debug an image on a Red Hat 6.2 box that
seems to hang several hours into our longevity stress test.  My
question is, is there a way to make an ada application give you a core
file?  I am using GNAT 3.14a1 and we have the 2.4.19 kernel for RH
6.2.  We have tried using the kill -11 and that doesn't give us a core
file and sometimes that doesn't even kill the application.  Any help
you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance!

-Bill

* Re: Ada Core Files
@ 2003-03-21 17:50 ` Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
From: Warren W. Gay VE3WWG @ 2003-03-21 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Schreckenstein wrote:
> I am currently trying to debug an image on a Red Hat 6.2 box that
> seems to hang several hours into our longevity stress test.  My
> question is, is there a way to make an ada application give you a core
> file?  I am using GNAT 3.14a1 and we have the 2.4.19 kernel for RH
> 6.2.  We have tried using the kill -11 and that doesn't give us a core
> file and sometimes that doesn't even kill the application.  Any help
> you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
> advance!
>
> -Bill

Normally "kill -SIGQUIT" (or -3) is sufficient to generate a core
file.  However, conditions such as having a current directory without
permissions to create a core file will defeat this.

Warren.
--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg