From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@crs4.it>
Subject: Re: Ada, Com Ports and Modems
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:41:39 +0100
Date: 2003-03-20T14:26:44+00:00	[thread overview]

Abdel wrote:
> "Les" <les.britten@talk21.com> a �crit dans le message news:

>>I am a final year student studying at the University of Portsmouth.  I am
>>trying to get Ada to communicate to my modem with query AT or ATI and get

> I'm French and in the same case.

You should (assuming that you are working on a Linux system) be able to
open "/dev/ttyS0" (the primary serial port) as an ordinary file, but I
can't help you when it comes to specifics of controlling a modem.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
�For there are only two reasons why war is made against a
  republic: The one, to become lord over her: the other, the