* pass help
@ 2003-03-15  2:05 David
From: David @ 2003-03-15  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

How would I go about changing the text the user enters when being
prompted for the password (changing text to passchar's like
asterisks), but still be read what the user is actually typing.. would
it be working along with buffers or is there an simplier method?

TIA

* Re: pass help
@ 2003-03-16 19:16 ` David
From: David @ 2003-03-16 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Doing this under DOS/console by the way?

davidp@retype.net (David) wrote in message news:<eb212a60.0303141805.395ab72e@posting.google.com>...
> How would I go about changing the text the user enters when being
> prompted for the password (changing text to passchar's like
> asterisks), but still be read what the user is actually typing.. would
> it be working along with buffers or is there an simplier method?
>
> TIA

* Re: pass help
@ 2003-03-17 14:13 ` Rodrigo García
From: Rodrigo García @ 2003-03-17 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

David wrote:
> How would I go about changing the text the user enters when being
> prompted for the password (changing text to passchar's like
> asterisks), but still be read what the user is actually typing.. would
> it be working along with buffers or is there an simplier method?
>
> TIA

Try something like this (needs to be modified in order to be a bit more
flexible):

with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;

procedure Password is
    A : Character;