From: "siegfried.eckloff" <secff@arcor.de>
Subject: Re: gnu-ada, gvd, and linux
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:00:45 +0100
Date: 2003-03-14T03:02:43+01:00	[thread overview]

> Which Linux distribution do you use?

mostly suse 6.4 (kernel 2.2.14)

>>the version of gdb on my system is 4.18 and there is gnatgdb, too, but
>>starting gvd by
>>
>>   gdb --debugger=gnatgdb
>
> gvd --debugger=gnatgdb

right - was just a typo, late at night...

> OK. I guess you are using either Redhat, Suse or sth similar. You can
> get 3.14p from here:
>
> ftp://ftp.ada95.com/pub/gnat-3.14p/GNAT-3.14p_rpms.html

I did so, and I also got gdb 5.3.
the package contained a configure script, which ran ok, but subsequently
  make ended on errors and no new gdb had been created.

I recorded its output, but as I seem to have ruined my system (it won't
access no more hosts outside of the lan :-( and this message went out by
using a different one), I have to care of that at first.

to all: thanks a lot for your help!

I hope I may feel free to continue on this later...

\yours   siggi

--
siegfried eckloff  sec ff@arcor.de  (remove the blank)
---