From: "Robert I. Eachus" <rieachus@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: 64 bit addressing and OOP
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:51:49 GMT
Date: 2003-03-03T18:51:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Kent Paul Dolan wrote:
> ??? That link doesn't go to anything obviously pertinent, just the top
> of some huge and not pellucidly navigable database even whose
> component parts are confusingly labeled.
>
> Do you have a direct link or is what you reference really on that page
> somewhere?

http://www.ada-auth.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/AIs/AI-00285.TXT?rev=1.6

Randy does an excellent job maintaining that database, and may consider
your complaint insulting.  On the other hand, he may figure that anyone
capable of reading the AIs finds navigating the database trivial.

This draft of AI-285 is a good example. You need a working knowledge of
several ISO standards and the ISO organization, and an expert's
knowledge of the Ada standard to make much sense out of the discussion.
  To quote just the issue, not the proposed solution:

SC22 directed its working groups to provide support for the ISO/IEC
10646 character set:

"JTC 1/SC 22 believes that programming languages should offer the
appropriate support for ISO/IEC 10646, and the Unicode character set
where appropriate."

Moreover, the working draft of ISO/IEC 10646:2003 makes use of planes
other than the BMP.