* Rational Apex 4.2 Migration: Sudden problems with Interrupts (PowerPC, VxWorks, VME)
@ 2003-02-14  8:59 Robert Grimm
From: Robert Grimm @ 2003-02-14  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

All RT software dealing with Interrupts and which were completely
tested (positiv) developed by Apex 3.2.0 were migrated now to Apex
4.2.0 (Models).

PROBLEM:
The Apex 4.2.0 migrated softwarte seems to "hang" (now) on Interrupt
Events, no matter what workarounds and tests we try (see below Setup).

Verified:

With the VMetro Board (Bus traffic displayer) the Interrupt (vector)
is initiated (by a periph. board) with proper vector and level as
expected.
On CPU side the Int. Level ("sysIntEnable") was set properly.
We have ISR and Task Entry Interrupt Handling mechanism tried out (but
no "protected" handlers yet).

Setup:

Rational Apex Embedded 4.2.0 (Ada83, Ada95)
Apex Model: power.vw_ppc.board.ada83.4.2.0.rel,
power.vw_ppc.board.ada95.4.2.0.rel

2 Installation tried:
- Apex Embedded 4.2.0
- Apex Embedded 4.2.0 mit Patches 200210041-1, 200210141-1

Target: Windriver Tornado 2.0.2
Target OS: VxWorks 5.4.2
Target HW: Dy4 SVME/DMV-181 und 750er (PowerPC CPU Boards, VMEBus)

Any help is really appreciated.
Regards,
Robert

* Re: Rational Apex 4.2 Migration: Sudden problems with Interrupts (PowerPC, VxWorks, VME)
@ 2003-02-14 12:39 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2003-02-14 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Grimm wrote:
> All RT software dealing with Interrupts and which were completely
> tested (positiv) developed by Apex 3.2.0 were migrated now to Apex
> 4.2.0 (Models).
>
> PROBLEM:
> The Apex 4.2.0 migrated softwarte seems to "hang" (now) on Interrupt
> Events, no matter what workarounds and tests we try (see below Setup).

Contact the vendor, and keep pushing and bugging them until you get to the
engineers.  Those are a pretty knowledgable group of folk, once you get to
them.  I went through a very high stress situation involving a major system
test last fall, and the Rational engineers really stepped up to the plate.

Marc A. Criley
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com