From: Paul Gregory <pg16@bton.ac.uk>
Subject: Hi, I'm new to ADA
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:31:17 +0000
Date: 2003-02-07T16:29:49+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm a complete novice as all you guys once were in terms of ADA and I've

been given a small school project to do. I'm sure as a novice you
experienced many frustrations and difficulties along the way !

As you people are probably the best people to ask I was wondering if any
of you could give me any tips as to how
to go about the following:

The task

You are invited to design and implement a translation program which will

take an English sentence and translate it into French (and optionally
translate from French
to English).

Your program will use a simple dictionary containing the following
words:

                                                       English
                                                              French
                                                       big
                                                              grand
                                                       black
                                                              noir
                                                       cat
                                                              chat
                                                       dog
                                                              chien
                                                       is
                                                              est
                                                       small
                                                              petit
                                                       the
                                                              le
                                                       white
                                                              blanc

Example 1

Do you wish to add words to the dictionary?: N

Please enter a sentence:
The cat is white.

The French translation of your sentence is:
Le chat est blanc.

Example 2

Do you wish to add words to the dictionary?: N

Please enter a sentence:
The cat is dead.

I cannot translate that sentence.

Example 3

Do you wish to add words to the dictionary?: Y
English word: horse
Equivalent French word: cheval

Do you wish to add more words?: N

Please enter a sentence:
Le cheval est grand.

The English translation of your sentence is:
The horse is big.

I know you all have far more important things to be getting on with but
any
advice would be brilliant !

Many thanks,

Paul.