From: Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com>
Subject: Re: Aonix commitment to Ada (was 'Hijacking a Thread was RE:New Ada compiler for .NET')
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:53:52 -0800
Date: 2003-01-16T16:44:39+00:00	[thread overview]

David Humphris wrote:

> We can officially announce that the new Aonix is committed to keep its Ada
> business healthy and growing. The new investment structure will allow Aonix
> to refocus on its typical mission-critical applications business, where Ada is
> playing a key role, especially in the safety critical area (but not only!).
>
> It is always easy to make announcements. It is sometimes more difficult to
> show some achievements. That's why we invite all the Ada users to stay
> tuned to see what Aonix is going to deliver as new features and products
> in the Ada world very soon.

This is very good news and we thank David for bringing us up-to-date.  I
realize my comments were a bit provocative, and they were intended to
be so.    At present, Aonix does little to demonstrate, to the Ada community,
its commitment to Ada.  So, I hope I am speaking for a majority of members
of this forum when I say we would welcome more information from Aonix
now and then.

Aonix has a long and respectable history within the world of Ada.   It has
always had strong and dependable products.   Their continued success can
only strengthen the position of Ada in the marketplace, and we wish them
the best in their efforts to become an even stronger software company.

So, David, let us hear from you now and then.  You may certainly include
my email directly on any mass mailings you make.   I get a regular email
newsletter from DDC-I, and I always read it.  A similar offering from
Aonix would be welcome.

Thanks again,

Richard Riehle