* Straight Insertion Sort and Binary Insertion Sort
@ 2003-01-10 15:12 Joe Turner
From: Joe Turner @ 2003-01-10 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi

im studying ada currently as part of my degree at aston university in
birmingham.
I am currently working on a piece that requires an array of records to be
sorted into alphabetical order. I have looked through all notes on the
topic, and also my Feldman & Koffman Ada 95 text book, but still am unsure
how to tackle the problem.
If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
 I have finished the program, and it produces my required output, its just
not in the right order. Sigh. hehe.

thanks
please email me if you have any hints.

joe turner

* Re: Straight Insertion Sort and Binary Insertion Sort
@ 2003-01-10 18:02 ` Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
From: Warren W. Gay VE3WWG @ 2003-01-10 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Turner wrote:
> hi
>
> im studying ada currently as part of my degree at aston university in
> birmingham.
> I am currently working on a piece that requires an array of records to be
> sorted into alphabetical order. I have looked through all notes on the
> topic, and also my Feldman & Koffman Ada 95 text book, but still am unsure
> how to tackle the problem.
> If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
>  I have finished the program, and it produces my required output, its just
> not in the right order. Sigh. hehe.
>
> thanks
> please email me if you have any hints.
>
> joe turner

There's a couple of odd things in your request. You say:

  "am unsure how to tackle the problem"

and

  "I have finished the program... its just not in the right order."

So either you _tackled_ the problem (and it didn't work), or you want
some of us to help you with your homework, which you havn't tackled
at all yet ;-)

Ask a more specific question.

What specifically do you need help with?

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg