From: John Williams <jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au>
Subject: Porting the GNAT runtime to an embedded target
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:03:56 +1000
Date: 2003-01-05T23:06:55+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi folks,

This is my first post to c.l.a, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks
in consideration of picking up Ada for some embedded systems research
work I am doing.

Anyway this may sound a bit ambitious, but can anyone offer any comments
re: porting the Gnat runtimes to an embedded platform for which gcc and
a simple pre-emptive multitasking kernel (with semaphores and mailboxes
etc) is available?

I've looked at Javier Miranda's free book about the Gnat runtime system,
so have a broad idea of where I might start - I'm mostly interested in
any experience that folks have on such endeavours.

Cheers,

John