From: achrist@easystreet.com
Subject: Re: A little database
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:00:43 -0800
Date: 2002-11-25T14:00:43-08:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> Some of these problems go away with XML, and ...

Can you point to any sample applications (in Ada) with source code
on-line that make good use of database-like data (equivalent to
multiple tables related to each other) stored in XML? I've taken some
attempt at that using MSXML, and what I wrote worked, but it was ugly.
In particular, when updating the parent of a parent-child relationship
(where the XML has the children in-line within the parent) I had to
replace the entire parent + children, passing the entire subtree as a
single string to MSXML.

Are there newer API's (MSXML2 or ???) that provide for better features
for updating XML? MSXML didn't seem to be designed with updates in mind.

For single-user databases, Metakit looks to be a nice one.  It
works with Tcl, and there are some interfaces between Ada and Tcl.
Has anyone connected Ada to Metakit?

Al