From: evangeli <evangeli@cnam.fr>
Subject: multithreading with gtkada
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:59:38 +0100
Date: 2002-11-14T15:55:05+00:00	[thread overview]

hi all

it seems that gtk doesnt support multi-threading (see
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/x-faq/part7/section-15.html).
My problem is the following :
my app opens a windows, which on the show event launch a task wich makes
a long computation. The window also contains a cancel button which can
be pressed to abort this task.The problem is that i would like this task
to make X-Call, and that is apparently not possible and give me
unavoidably the following error message:
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x9fe)!
i havent found any solution which doesn't use several tasks.

1) Am i clear?
2) Do u have any idea of a different way to do that?
3) why this cruel destiny?

thanks for any response