From: cjsonnack@mmm.com (Programmer Dude)
Subject: Re: Help on translating this thing in ada
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:23:15 -0600
Date: 2002-11-06T11:23:15-06:00	[thread overview]

Sim Con wrote:

> Hello! In my search for an ada code for a winnt cpu usage program i
> found some problem translating this instruction
>
> typedef LONG (WINAPI *PROCNTQSI)(UINT,PVOID,ULONG,PULONG);
>
> this seems needed for define PROCNTQSI NtQuerySystemInformation; and the
> dll call NtQuerySystemInformation. Any help? Thanx in advance!!!

This defines PROCNTQSI as a pointer to a function that returns a LONG
(long) and takes a UINT (unsigned int), a PVOID (void* -- an untyped
data pointer), a ULONG (unsigned long) and a PULONG (a pointer to an
unsigned long (probably an Ada-style "in out" parameter).  The WINAPI
symbol has to do with the calling convention.

Probably what this defines is the signature of a callback function.

--
|_ CJSonnack <Chris@Sonnack.com> _____________| How's my programming? |
|_ http://www.Sonnack.com/ ___________________| Call: 1-800-DEV-NULL  |