From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcq95@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Building documentation from comments
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:24:35 GMT
Date: 2002-11-06T12:24:35+00:00	[thread overview]

Victor Porton wrote:

> P.S. May be the best solution would be if I would find time to modify
> Booch source in such the way that it would become fully compatible with
> AdaBrowse. Is Boch author here? Would you include my changes in the
> next release and continue to follow my policy for compatibility with
> AdaBrowse?

This is the approach I've taken with some brand new Ada that I'm
writing.  I'm trying AdaBrowse out as a documentation aid, and am
finding that by tweaking the configuration file a bit, and then ensuring
my comments are in the right locations, that the docs are coming out
pretty good.

I find it most effective to write some code and associated comment docs,
then run AdaBrowse and review the output, to ensure that everything is
being properly grouped together.  I don't find the comment positioning
requirements too onerous, it's certainly no worse than, say, having to
do manual indenting of source code statements.

Marc A. Criley
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com