From: David Marceau <davidmarceau@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Compiler construction tools for Ada
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 20:21:21 -0500
Date: 2002-11-02T20:21:21-05:00	[thread overview]

Piotr Zgorecki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know of any compiler construction tools for Ada? I found
> only an outdated port of yacc/lex. I'm interested especially in
> parser/tree parser generators.
>
> Pete
Here are a couple of very cool pieces of compiler construction code I
discovered in the CLA forum:
1)Check out the sources for ada2nqc translator for programming lego
mindstorm robots :)
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/adamindstorms1.htm
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/fagin/AdaMindstormsSource.zip

Sure it's cool what the result does but what's even cooler is the
technology for building the ada2nqc :)  As you requested ada2nqc uses
compiler construction tools for Ada...specifically adagoop, scayacc and
scaflex.

FYI adagoop/scayacc/scaflex may be found here:
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/adagoop/index.html
http://Unicoi.kennesaw.edu/ase/ase02_02/tools/scatcdsk/scatcb1u.zip

2)Check out the sources for adasubst/adadep
http://www.adalog.fr/compo2.htm#Semtools

As you requested adasubst/adadep uses a compiler construction tool for
Ada: ASIS
http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigada/WG/asiswg/

If I understand correctly, ASIS is being recommended as the way of doing
these things from now on if you want to massage Ada code.
Also if I understand correctly, ASIS could be used for creating any
other grammar parser also.  I just haven't seen any examples of this
yet.
If I'm wrong about this please correct me and if anybody has sample code
for other grammars with ASIS feel free to jump in and provide a link :)
The more compiler writer freak wanna-bes for ada the better :)  BTW just
because I mention these links doesn't mean I know how to use them well
since as you could figure out there's a lot of SLOC's to digest in the
links above.

Nazdrovia, Nazdroya, Cheers, Sant� bonheur, Otsukaresama,
David Marceau