* List of C function usable in Ada
@ 2002-10-15  9:43 Sim Con
From: Sim Con @ 2002-10-15  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello! where can i find a list of C functions (with parameters and what
they do)usable in Ada? Thanx in advance ^_^

* Re: List of C function usable in Ada
@ 2002-10-15  9:47 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2002-10-15  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hello! where can i find a list of C functions (with parameters and what
> they do)usable in Ada? Thanx in advance ^_^

Nowhere, I presume - or do you think each and every C program that has been
written in this world exports its functions to a central documentation place.

Seriously, which C functions do you mean?

* Re: List of C function usable in Ada
@ 2002-10-15 11:03 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2002-10-15 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Well, i study pragma import just today ;P and i don't understand well
> how and where my compiler (adagide and gnat) takes the C function that i
> use (for example strlen, rename etc.).
> Can you explain me how can i insert other c functions and where the
> compiler has the standard one? Thanx again, sorry for my strange
> questions ;P

There is an example that comes with Gnat showing how to link and Ada program with C
subprograms.

* Re: List of C function usable in Ada
@ 2002-10-15 12:53 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2002-10-15 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> strlen returns the lenght of a string and rename rename a file , 2
> useful c functions (especially the rename one, since it isn't built in
> ada) ;)

Of course strlen exists in Ada, only its name is different. See attributes.

With Gnat, there is an OS library that you can use for renaming and other
functionality.