* Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager
@ 2002-10-04 12:40 Foggy
From: Foggy @ 2002-10-04 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

when compiling, I get the following error message:

ERROR: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager, EIP=005b1304

What is the cause of this error and what can I do to solve it?

Any help is appreciated.

ObjectAda 7.2.2, Windows2000 Server, 4-CPU Dell, 1 GB RAM

* Re: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager
@ 2002-10-04 13:05 ` Colin Paul Gloster
From: Colin Paul Gloster @ 2002-10-04 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <f78e018a.0210040440.4b33cbc8@posting.google.com>, Foggy wrote:
"Hello,

when compiling, I get the following error message:

ERROR: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager, EIP=005b1304

What is the cause of this error and what can I do to solve it?

Any help is appreciated.

ObjectAda 7.2.2, Windows2000 Server, 4-CPU Dell, 1 GB RAM"

Hello. Check if you have something like

loop --an unconditional loop
  --nothing in here to get out of the loop
end loop;

or

while -84 < 6 loop --Minus 84 is always less than six.
  --nothing here to get out of the loop
end loop;

in an exception handler. An exception handler begins with
exception
and has
  when some_type_of_exception =>
following the exception reserved word.

* Re: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager
@ 2002-10-04 18:52 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-10-04 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

sjefke12@hotmail.com (Foggy) writes:

> Hello,
>
> when compiling, I get the following error message:
>
> ERROR: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager, EIP=005b1304
>
> What is the cause of this error

Bad code, either yours or in the compiler :).

> and what can I do to solve it?

1) Post the code that causes the problem here, so we can look at it.

2) report the problem to Aonix.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager
@ 2002-10-05 14:11   ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2002-10-05 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

> sjefke12@hotmail.com (Foggy) writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > when compiling, I get the following error message:
> >
> > ERROR: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager, EIP=005b1304
> >
> > What is the cause of this error
>
> Bad code, either yours or in the compiler :).

I'd say, *certainly* in the compiler, and perhaps also in the program
being compiled.

> > and what can I do to solve it?
>
> 1) Post the code that causes the problem here, so we can look at it.
>
> 2) report the problem to Aonix.

Yes, it's clearly a compiler bug, so report it.

- Bob

* Re: Infinite loop detected in Ada exception manager
@ 2002-10-07 11:43     ` Peter Amey
From: Peter Amey @ 2002-10-07 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > 2) report the problem to Aonix.
>
> Yes, it's clearly a compiler bug, so report it.
>
> - Bob

We had exactly this message from an Aonix (actually Alsys then) compiler
on SunOS.  I think it occurred if you opened more than 64 temporary
files; this raised an exception which couldn't be handled properly
because there were no more file handles left! ISTR Aonix provided a
patch fairly quickly.

Peter