From: Jim Rogers <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: New Software Forum
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:22:02 GMT
Date: 2002-09-15T19:22:02+00:00	[thread overview]

Marc Spitzer wrote:

> In article <9_2h9.18347$0p1.331293@news2.ulv.nextra.no>, Daniel Dudley wrote:
>
>>"Jim Rogers" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Yesterday I became aware of a new software forum starting up at
>>>http://www.crystalcode.com/codemage/MainMenu/Home/Welcome.php
>>>
>>>I have had some conversations with the web master at this site.
>>>I find that they are open to articles and discussions concerning
>>>Ada. I plan to write some Ada articles for this site, and
>>>possibly help them maintain links to existing high quality Ada
>>>web sites.
>>>
>>>I post this so that anyone else who wants to help me expose the
>>>wider development world to Ada can help out.
>>>

>>IMHO, this is a good idea, Jim. Exposing Ada on non-Ada-specific
>>sites will surely open the eyes of many programmers.
>>
>>BTW, I found your Concurrent Programming article to be
>>well-written and enlightening. Thanks.
>>
>>Daniel
>>

> Could you make the font bigger, it is too small for me to read.
>
> marc

Sorry about that. I understand the problem of small fonts. My eyes have
been aging faster in recent years.

I just submitted the article. The web master at the site does formatting,
including font sizes. I suggest you email the web master about the font
problem. I suspect he/she (I don't know which) will try to improve the
site as needed.

I do plan to write some more articles. Right now I am laying the ground
work for an article on common patterns for protected objects. I plan to
present the subject as patterns for monitors used for thread communication.
All my examples will be Ada protected objects. I considered providing some
Java examples also, but realized that some of the patterns vary from very
nasty to impossible in Java. I will keep the examples simple by keeping them
entirely in Ada.

Jim Rogers