From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcq95@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Understand for Ada and Rational Apex Ada
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:45:46 GMT
Date: 2002-09-02T13:45:46+00:00	[thread overview]

Peter Richtmyer wrote:

> We are evaluating Understand for Ada for use on Solaris

   <snip>

> Does anyone have experience or thoughts regarding such
> an environment?  Or any comments regarding UFA that could
> be enlightening (i.e. just about any comments on it  :-)

I found U4A to be one of the few development aids that actually lived up
to its marketing claims.  It sucked in our code base without a hiccup,
and the customer support was excellent--on a part with ACT's.

Where it fit really well was as a "programmer's assistant".  If I needed
to do some quick lookups, procedure call chains, or diagrams, that info
was readily available from the tool.  While I'm not currently working on
a project that needs a tool like that, if/when I get back onto one, I
will definitely want U4A in my arsenal.

A _very_ satisfied customer,

Marc A. Criley, Consultant
Quadrus Corporation