* Re: Using ACATS for BSP check
       [not found] <aknm7g$rbn$1@newstoo.ericsson.se>
@ 2002-08-30 15:07 ` Marin D. Condic
From: Marin D. Condic @ 2002-08-30 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not sure what you mean by a BSP. ACATS is the "Ada Conformity Assessment
Test Suite" - which is used to test that an Ada compiler meets the
requirements of the definition of the Ada language. (See:
http://www.ada-auth.org/) If "BSP" has something to do with processing Ada
programs for translation to machine code or otherwise parsing Ada programs
for some purpose, then ACATS may be helpful. Otherwise doubtful.

I don't know anything about Adamulti in the Unix environment, but you will
almost certainly find more help in comp.lang.ada - to which I have cross
posted this message. Chances are, if you post more specifics about what you
are trying to do, you will receive more help. General requests for
information or tips with a vague statement of the work to be accomplished
are a little hard to answer. Try to formulate more specific questions and
you may get more help.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

Enabling Digital.
Our Vision is to be the biggest supplier worldwide of digital gateway
technology.
www.pacemicro.com

"Marcus Hedlund" <marcus.hedlund@avionics.saab.se> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to test a BSP if it is setup correctly. The
> application I'm going to write will be in Ada, and I was wondering if it
> could be possible to use ACATS test suite?
>
> However I'm having a bit of difficulties trying to get the test program
> started for the Adamulti in the UNIX environment.
>
> If you have any more information or tips about how to get it started, I
> would be very grateful.
>

> M. Hedlund

* Re: Using ACATS for BSP check
@ 2002-08-31  3:19   ` Will
From: Will @ 2002-08-31  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

BSP: board support package (in Wind River parlance.) Basically
a BSP comprises the VxWorks core compiled  for your particular processor
plus a set of common drivers.
Intel DX386 libraries + Ethernet drivers + VGA driver is an example of a BSP.
Power PC libraries + driver for Intel switch silicon is another BSP,
etc...

"Marin D. Condic" <not.valid@acm.org> wrote in message news:<ako1of$rsc$1@nh.pace.co.uk>...
> I'm not sure what you mean by a BSP. ACATS is the "Ada Conformity Assessment
> Test Suite" - which is used to test that an Ada compiler meets the
> requirements of the definition of the Ada language. (See:
> http://www.ada-auth.org/) If "BSP" has something to do with processing Ada
> programs for translation to machine code or otherwise parsing Ada programs
> for some purpose, then ACATS may be helpful. Otherwise doubtful.
>
> I don't know anything about Adamulti in the Unix environment, but you will
> almost certainly find more help in comp.lang.ada - to which I have cross
> posted this message. Chances are, if you post more specifics about what you
> are trying to do, you will receive more help. General requests for
> information or tips with a vague statement of the work to be accomplished
> are a little hard to answer. Try to formulate more specific questions and
> you may get more help.
>
> MDC
> --
> Marin David Condic
> Senior Software Engineer
> Pace Micro Technology Americas    www.pacemicro.com
>
> Enabling Digital.
> Our Vision is to be the biggest supplier worldwide of digital gateway
> technology.
> www.pacemicro.com
>
> "Marcus Hedlund" <marcus.hedlund@avionics.saab.se> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to test a BSP if it is setup correctly. The
> > application I'm going to write will be in Ada, and I was wondering if it
> > could be possible to use ACATS test suite?
> >
> > However I'm having a bit of difficulties trying to get the test program
> > started for the Adamulti in the UNIX environment.
> >
> > If you have any more information or tips about how to get it started, I
> > would be very grateful.
> >

> > M. Hedlund

* Re: Using ACATS for BSP check
@ 2002-08-31 14:00     ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2002-08-31 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might find some useful stuff in ACATS that will help you test this package, but I doubt it
will easily exercise all the things you want. Remember, that ACATS is designed to test compiler
compliance, so it isn't likely to drive I/O devices, etc. very heavily. Perhaps some of the
stuff that covers tasking will exercise the OS some. You may be better off with some other body
of code.

MDC

Marin David Condic - Pace Micro - http://www.pacemicro.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ a c m . o r g
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "I'd trade it all for just a little more"
        --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]