From: Jerry Petrey <"jdpetrey<NOSPAM>"@raytheon.com>
Subject: Re: Ada as a real time language
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:47:58 -0700
Date: 2002-08-28T17:47:58-07:00	[thread overview]

Mikael Lundqvist wrote:

> I have heard that the Ada Run Time doesn't handle load
> that well. If you have to many tasks or to much input/output
> the Runtime gives in so to speak. In that regard you should
> be better of with a RTOS. I have not any experience myself
> with large Ada programs. Anybody out there who could comment?

We use DDCI Ada with its runtime on a 72 Mhz 80486 in the missile I work on.
It has about 32 tasks and handles all our navigation, guidance and control
without
any problems.

Jerry

-- Jerry Petrey
-- Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Navigation (GPS/INS), Guidance, &
Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems          - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please remove <NOSPAM> in email address to reply