From: Thierry Lelegard <thierry.lelegard@canal-plus.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada as a real time language
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:44:26 +0200
Date: 2002-08-28T17:44:26+02:00	[thread overview]

> I have heard that the Ada Run Time doesn't handle load
> that well. If you have to many tasks or to much input/output
> the Runtime gives in so to speak. In that regard you should
> be better of with a RTOS. I have not any experience myself
> with large Ada programs. Anybody out there who could comment?

There is no such thing as "THE" Ada Run Time. There are as many
implementations of an Ada Run Time as compiler/platform combinations.

Using DEC Ada (Ada83) on OpenVMS systems, we had applications
using up to 6000 tasks in one single process, with a high I/O
rate, which run quite smoothly. You can acheive this with a
robust and versatile O/S and a perfect integration of the Ada
Run Time with the underlying O/S.

-Thierry Lelegard