From: Vincent Marciante <marciant_remove@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: best way to handle long strings!?
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:49:26 GMT
Date: 2002-08-25T17:49:26+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> Bruce or Tracy Jacobs <bljacobs2@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:<3D67A8C0.FB045D7E@mchsi.com>...
> > Just a side note - if you use Booch Unbounded String
>
> Don't! It is obsolete
> Use Ada.Strings.Unbounded
> and you do not have to worry about reallocating and copying

I agree that for unbounded sequences of characters,
Ada.Strings.Unbounded would probably be better:  It
was designed specificly for that type of sequence.

However, the original Booch string components are
not obsolete.  They are generic and can be instantiated
to provide unbounded sequences of nonlimmited elements,
not just sequences of characters!

(The Ada95 Booch Components do not provide any "string"
components, thats how I know that original poster must
be refering to The Original Booch Components.)