From: Bruce or Tracy Jacobs <bljacobs2@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: best way to handle long strings!?
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:32:14 GMT
Date: 2002-08-24T13:32:14+00:00	[thread overview]

Just a side note - if you use Booch Unbounded String, you will have to
dimension an initial string.  If you need a string that is larger, and
end up having to dimension another sting and copy the original string
to the new string, be sure to deallocate the memory of the original
string.

We ran into problems at work where the original coder forgot to free
the original string when he had to get a longer string allocation,
and we ran out of physical memory.

At lease, the version of unbounded string we use has to be "free'ed".

Bruce