* Re: gnooch makefile
@ 2002-07-22 19:59 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-07-22 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Prazak <janp9@gmx.net> writes:

> Hello!
>
> How to execute the makefile in the gnooch ada components?

I've never heard of 'gnooch'; can you provide a URL?

> There is no information about it, there is only how to extract the
> archive.

Normally, to execute a makefile, one just types "make". That assumes
you have a compatible version of make in your path, and compatible
versions of any shell tools the makefile uses.

If this fails, please provide more detail; what OS are you on, what
make and shell are you trying to use, etc.

--
-- Stephe

* gnooch makefile
@ 2002-07-22 21:45 Jan Prazak
From: Jan Prazak @ 2002-07-22 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

How to execute the makefile in the gnooch ada components?
There is no information about it, there is only how to extract the
archive.

Jan

* Re: gnooch makefile
@ 2002-07-23  1:21   ` Jerry Petrey
From: Jerry Petrey @ 2002-07-23  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:

> Jan Prazak <janp9@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > How to execute the makefile in the gnooch ada components?
>
> I've never heard of 'gnooch'; can you provide a URL?

He must mean Booch components.  (see http://www.AdaPower.com/ )

Jerry

-- Jerry Petrey
-- Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Navigation (GPS/INS), Guidance, &
Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems          - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please remove <NOSPAM> in email address to reply

* Re: gnooch makefile
@ 2002-07-23 13:04     ` Jan Prazak
From: Jan Prazak @ 2002-07-23 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:21:08 -0100, Jerry Petrey <jdpetrey wrote:

> Stephen Leake wrote:

yes

* Re: gnooch makefile
@ 2002-07-24 22:51 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2002-07-24 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Prazak <janp9@gmx.net> writes:

> How to execute the makefile in the gnooch ada components?
> There is no information about it, there is only how to extract the
> archive.

Oh, I can see that would be a problem. I guess what's needed is a
"how to set up your program library" note.

If you just wanted to run the tests (and assuming you are running on
Linux), you can

   $ tar zxvf bc-20020602.tgz
   $ cd bc-20020602/test
   $ make test

to run the tests.

But normally I'd do something like

   $ cd work-directory
   $ gnatmake -I/where/ever/bc-20020602 my-program

I know this creates lots of .o, .ali files in your working directory,
you can get round this using Glide.

What OS/GNAT are you using?