From: David Marceau <davidmarceau@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: source beautifier
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:20:33 -0400
Date: 2002-07-19T19:20:33-04:00	[thread overview]

Jan Prazak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does a source code beautifier exist for Ada?
> I have searched for it in Google and AdaPower, and found nothing.
>
> Jan
These are the alternatives that I know you might want to try:
1)programmer's editor/emacs/vi/ghostscript
Have you tried opening your ada file within emacs, select all and then
indent-region(adjusts all the lines to be indented properly) ?
Have you tried printing from emacs?  From what I understand about source
code beautifiers, emacs/ghostscript have both color/black and white and
highlight keywords.  It also does n-up printing meaning printing more
than one source code page on one printed page.
I usually 2-up/both sides of a page when I can to save trees.

2)Use gnathtml
This produces a beautified html documentation of the source code along
with an index.
This also highlights keywords.
Then you print what you want from your web browser.

3)use adabrowse
This also produces a beautified html documentation of the source code
along with an index.
This one uses ASIS to produce it.
This also highlights keywords.
It does resemble the java documentation style because that was the
intent.
Then you print what you want from your web browser.

4)use raincode
It not only beautifies but also code-metrics'fies among other things
and combines the output of both in a well-organized html documentation
with an index.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
David Marceau