* Using OpenGL in Ada on Win2k
@ 2002-07-12 13:31 me
From: me @ 2002-07-12 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to setup my computer so that Ada can invoke OpenGL.  Setting
up Ada to do
OpenGL is so new to me that I am not even sure what to ask.

I downloaded the GL, GLU, GLUT, and MUI files but I am either missing
other files
or I am missing an INCLUDE directory in my building process.  What am I
overlooking?

The gnatlink command is saying that the glut.adb has undefined
references to several
glut routines like GlutCreateWindow, GlutSetWindowTitle, etc.

Suggestions?

TIA,
Bruce

* Re: Using OpenGL in Ada on Win2k
@ 2002-07-12 15:34 ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-07-12 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"me" <me@fromwork.org> wrote in message
> I am trying to setup my computer so that Ada can invoke OpenGL.  Setting
> up Ada to do
> OpenGL is so new to me that I am not even sure what to ask.
>
> I downloaded the GL, GLU, GLUT, and MUI files but I am either missing
> other files
> or I am missing an INCLUDE directory in my building process.  What am I
> overlooking?
>
> The gnatlink command is saying that the glut.adb has undefined
> references to several
> glut routines like GlutCreateWindow, GlutSetWindowTitle, etc.
>
> Suggestions?

Have you linked in gl32, glu32?  These are the windows opengl software mode
drivers located in the windows directory.  I think you can also link to hw
accelerated drivers but am not sure how to do so.  IIRC glut also needs a
dll to work, which should be available from the same place as the glut
source files (if it didn't include it already).

@ 2002-07-12 18:54 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2002-07-12 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is an example of programming OpenGL with GWindows at
http://www.adapower.com/gwindows

You may want to take a look there as well.

David Botton

@ 2002-07-12 19:00   ` me
From: me @ 2002-07-12 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I included the WINNT in my "include" path.  Let me go back and re-check.

Thanks,
Bruce

From: me @ 2002-07-12 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Will look.

Thanks,
Bruce

@ 2002-07-12 20:26     ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-07-12 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I included the WINNT in my "include" path.  Let me go back and re-check.

Did you get the glut dll?

Regards,
Chris

* Re: Using OpenGL in Ada on Win2k
@ 2002-07-25  7:16 ` Joachim Schröer
From: Joachim Schröer @ 2002-07-25  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

me wrote:

> I am trying to setup my computer so that Ada can invoke OpenGL.  Setting
> up Ada to do
> OpenGL is so new to me that I am not even sure what to ask.
>
> I downloaded the GL, GLU, GLUT, and MUI files but I am either missing
> other files
> or I am missing an INCLUDE directory in my building process.  What am I
> overlooking?
>
> The gnatlink command is saying that the glut.adb has undefined
> references to several
> glut routines like GlutCreateWindow, GlutSetWindowTitle, etc.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> TIA,
> Bruce

For OpenGL  programming you may also have a look at

www.adapower.com/schroer

There a complete Ada95 framework above OpenGL for Win32 is contained.
If you have problems downloading stuff you may contact me.
Meanwhile I have a more portable GLUT-implementation of the program.
The docu. is not yet ready but you may have the sources.

please reply to joachim.schroeer@web.de

	J. Schr�er