From: Mats Weber <matsw@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: Problem with Gnat.Dynamic_Tables
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:23:12 +0200
Date: 2002-07-12T16:23:12+02:00	[thread overview]

achrist@easystreet.com wrote:

> http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Team/MW/mw_components.html
> This doesn't say anything about initialization, but it does say that
> there is no finalization.  I wonder if this means that I'm leaking
> memory when I use these components for unbounded strings.
>
> Anyone have any pointers to more extensive docs for these?

Controlled types will work with my components because a new object is
created every time you insert into the table. and that is probably true
of all my structure components, even though they were developped in Ada 83.

GNAT.Dynamic_Table does not work because it preallocates an array for
storing its stuff, thus avoiding one allocation per insertion into the
table.

You should describe your problem (what do you need to store into the
table, what is the distribution of values of your index/key type ?) so
that we can give you a better hint for choosing the right component.