* Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-08 22:05 Fraz
From: Fraz @ 2002-07-08 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I am using an execute procedure from within an ada program to launch the
Windows PRINT command and print a series of text files.  However, Windows
brings up the print dialog box for each file - is there any way to bypass
this and just print directly ala print icon in Word etc?

Also, Can i set the layout to be landscape automatically??

I want the files to print and in the correct aspect without any user
interaction? How do i do this?

Cheers

Fraz

P.s (Sorry for the Crosspost but i thot it was relevant in both groups)

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-08 22:13 ` Caenogenesis
From: Caenogenesis @ 2002-07-08 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fraz <fraz@totalise.co.uk> asked wistfully:

| Hello
|
| I am using an execute procedure from within an ada program to launch
| the Windows PRINT command and print a series of text files.  However,
| Windows brings up the print dialog box for each file - is there any
| way to bypass this and just print directly ala print icon in Word etc?
|
| Also, Can i set the layout to be landscape automatically??
|
| I want the files to print and in the correct aspect without any user
| interaction? How do i do this?
|
| Cheers
|
| Fraz
|
| P.s (Sorry for the Crosspost but i thot it was relevant in both
| groups)

If anyone has any thots on this please feel free to comment.

ugh.

--

Gazwad

Freelance scientist and people tester.
Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-09  0:28   ` Kadaitcha Man
From: Kadaitcha Man @ 2002-07-09  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Caenogenesis" <gazwad@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Fraz <fraz@totalise.co.uk> asked wistfully:

> | P.s (Sorry for the Crosspost but i thot it was relevant in both
> | groups)
>
> If anyone has any thots on this please feel free to comment.

Well, it goes like this... oh. You said thot. I thot you said frot.

--
Kadaitcha Man
Moderator: alt.os.windows-xp

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-09  0:48 ` Kadaitcha Man
From: Kadaitcha Man @ 2002-07-09  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Fraz" <fraz@totalise.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am using an execute procedure from within an ada program to launch the
> Windows PRINT command and print a series of text files.  However, Windows
> brings up the print dialog box for each file - is there any way to bypass
> this and just print directly ala print icon in Word etc?
>
> Also, Can i set the layout to be landscape automatically??
>
> I want the files to print and in the correct aspect without any user
> interaction? How do i do this?

You stupid, gormless fuck. It has nothing to do with XP and everything to do
with the Windows API. Try this...

CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE);

  if (dlg.GetDefaults())
  {
  /* Create a printer device context (DC) based on the information
  selected from the Print dialog. Using silent opening */

    HDC hDC = dlg.CreatePrinterDC();
    ASSERT(hDC);
    CDC pDC;
    pDC.Attach(hDC);
    /* put your code here */
  }

And you can fucking well look after the C# to Ada translation yourself.
London to a brick says you know fuck all about the Windows API.

--
Kadaitcha Man
Moderator: alt.os.windows-xp

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-09 10:57   ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2002-07-09 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kadaitcha Man wrote:

> You stupid, gormless [excised]. It has nothing to do with XP and everything to do
> with the Windows API. Try this...

  <snip>

> And you can [excised]ing well look after the C# to Ada translation yourself.
> London to a brick says you know [excised] all about the Windows API.
>
> --
> Kadaitcha Man
> Moderator: alt.os.windows-xp

Note to self: Never post to alt.os.windows-xp.

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-09 11:09 Grein, Christoph
From: Grein, Christoph @ 2002-07-09 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Kadaitcha Man wrote:
> >
> > You stupid, gormless [excised]. It has nothing to do with XP and everything
to do
> > with the Windows API. Try this...
> >

>   <snip>
>

> > And you can [excised]ing well look after the C# to Ada translation yourself.
> > London to a brick says you know [excised] all about the Windows API.
> >
> > --
> > Kadaitcha Man
> > Moderator: alt.os.windows-xp
>
> Note to self: Never post to alt.os.windows-xp.

And some people complain that Ada folks are rude here in CLA because they insist
with tame wording on doing things the Ada way...

Really, I've never heard such a tone in CLA...

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-09 13:05 ` Fabien Garcia
From: Fabien Garcia @ 2002-07-09 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Grein, Christoph wrote:

>>Note to self: Never post to alt.os.windows-xp.
>>

> And some people complain that Ada folks are rude here in CLA because they insist
> with tame wording on doing things the Ada way...
>
> Really, I've never heard such a tone in CLA...

I wonder what he would have writen if he was not a moderator....

From: Fabien Garcia @ 2002-07-09 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-07-09 13:39   ` Pheet
From: Pheet @ 2002-07-09 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabien Garcia wrote:

> Grein, Christoph wrote:
>
> >>Note to self: Never post to alt.os.windows-xp.

Note to everyone: Never use the os windows-xp.

* Re: Printing from within a program
@ 2002-07-09 19:48 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2002-07-09 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fraz wrote in message
<52oW8.863$oZ4.77897@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>...
>Hello
>
>I am using an execute procedure from within an ada program to launch
the
>Windows PRINT command and print a series of text files.  However,
Windows
>brings up the print dialog box for each file - is there any way to
bypass
>this and just print directly ala print icon in Word etc?
>
>Also, Can i set the layout to be landscape automatically??
>
>I want the files to print and in the correct aspect without any user
>interaction? How do i do this?

You'll need to use Claw (www.rrsoftware.com) or one of the other Windows
interfaces to do this.

The easiest way to print a text file in Claw is to load the file into a
rich edit control, then use the built-in printing functions of the
control. (Note: This functionality is not in the Claw Introductory
version.) You don't even need to have the control visible on the screen
if you don't want the user to see it.

           Randy Brukardt.