From: Jeffrey Carter <jrcarter@computer.org>
Subject: Re: assembly generated using gcc -S on a .adb
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:15:22 GMT
Date: 2002-07-08T03:15:22+00:00	[thread overview]

KK wrote:

> BTW, I'm aware of gnatbind and gnatlink, and yes those do work and produce an
> executable.  What I'm wondering is if there is a path to a working executable
> without using those utilities.  In other words, is there a way for a machine
> with just gcc installed, to produce an executable from an asm file that was
> generated from an .adb ??

When you understand that gnatbind generates the main program, you will
probably understand why you can't simply assemble the assembler output
from GNAT to obtain a working program. Check the secret documentation to
find out how to keep this generated main program and look at it for an
idea of what else is needed to get an Ada program working.

--
Jeff Carter
"If you think you got a nasty taunting this time,