From: Darren New <dnew@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: newbie inquiry
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:29:46 GMT
Date: 2002-06-14T03:29:46+00:00	[thread overview]

Ted Dennison wrote:
> Actually, though there is little room for doubt on this one. You
> *cannot* get buffer overflow exploits in Ada without disabling
> constraint checking (or using Unchecked programming).

Nowadays, I think it's a minority of security breaches that take advantage
of buffer overflows. Inappropriate scripting certainly wouldn't be solved
solely with Ada.

For example, the security hole whereby Netscape 4.x sends the URL of the
the next server by following a link has nothing to do with buffer overflows.

--
Darren New
** http://home.san.rr.com/dnew/DNResume.html **

     My brain needs a "back" button so I can