From: Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com>
Subject: Re: Hollywood star promotes Ada
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 17:37:38 -0700
Date: 2002-06-02T00:34:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> I just saw the film version of "Of Mice and Men", directed by Gary
> Sinise and starring Sinise and John Malkovich. One of the major actors
> was Richard Riehle.

In my salad days I did peform bit parts in community theater, usually
cast as a villain for some odd reason.    However, the Richard Riehle
in the movie version of Steinbeck's great novelette is another person
entirely.   This is too bad since I could have played that part quite
well.  However, Hollywood has never called me about it.

As most of you know, I do spend a lot of my life in the classroom
teaching Ada for industry and academia.   When asked what I do
for a living, I often respond, "Performance art."   Even so, the other
Richard Riehle, not remotely related to me, is getting all the money
and billing for his performances.  He also gets to romance a few
glamorous Hollywood women on screen.  I continue to squeak by on the
meagre income I get for my performaces to a dozen or some programmers
at a time, and my fantasy romance is with a long dead mathematician named
Ada.

Richard Riehle
(the other Richard Riehle)